Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Mix the first four ingredients in a large bowl, making a well in the centre.
- Stir in 250ml tepid water and the walnut oil into the well. Stir together until all the liquid has been incorporated.
- Stir in the chopped apples and walnuts.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5-8 minutes, or until smooth and elastic. Shape into a ball.
- Rub the inside of a dry bowl with more oil. Place the dough into the bowl, cover with cling film, and leave in a warm place until doubled in size. Meanwhile, lightly dust a large baking tray with flour.
- Punch down the dough, turn it out onto a floured surface and knead for one minute.
- Shape into a disc and transfer to the baking tray. Cover with a tea towel and leave to rise for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7.
- Lightly dust the dough with flour, then score the top with a sharp knife. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 190˚C/170˚C/gas mark 5 and bake for a further 25–35 minutes, or until the base sounds hollow when tapped. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.
Note: sunflower oil can be used as an alternative to walnut oil, if you wish.
Per Serving 263cals, 13.4g (0.9g saturated), 31.1g carbs (3.1g sugars), 8.9g protein, 4.4g fibre, 0.292g sodium