1 tsp olive oil
4 lamb shoulder chops
½ an onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
200g Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
350ml chicken stock
½ tsp dried thyme
½ tsp dried oregano
2 tbsp lemon juice
Salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Warm the oil in an oven-proof frying pan over a medium-high heat. Brown the lamb for 2-3 minutes each side, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onions, garlic, carrots and Brussels sprouts to the same pan over a medium heat. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to high. Add the stock, thyme, oregano, lemon juice and some salt and black pepper. Allow to bubble for 1-2 minutes, using a wooden spoon to scrape any sticky bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Return the lamb to the pan, nestling the chops in amongst the vegetables. Cover and place in the oven for one hour.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
585kcals, 21.7g fat (7.2g saturated), 20.7g carbs, 7.2g sugars, 75.5g protein, 6.4g fibre, 0.905g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS
Use any vegetables you want, as long as they are reasonably robust to withstand the hour in the oven. Potatoes, parsnips, turnips, sweet potatoes or butternut squash would all work well.