For the crust:
Butter, for greasing
900g raw potatoes
½ tsp salt
35g Parmesan, grated
1 large egg
For the filling:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, finely sliced
200g cooked chicken, shredded
1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets and boiled/steamed until barely soft
120g Cheddar, grated
4 large eggs
160ml single cream
Salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200˚C/180˚C/gas mark 6 and lightly grease a 9-inch pie dish with butter.
- Use a food processor to grate the potatoes and transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle over the salt, stir to combine and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the potatoes to a colander and use clean hands to squeeze as much water out of them as possible. Move to a dry bowl.
- Add the salt, Parmesan and egg and mix until well blended.
- Press the crust mixture firmly and evenly into the pie dish and bake for 18-20 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- Adjust the oven temperature to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook the onion until soft. Spread the cooked onion slices over the base of the pastry crust, then add the chicken and broccoli. Scatter over the Cheddar.
- In a bowl, mix the egg, cream, milk, salt and pepper until well combined. Pour this mixture into the pastry crust over the chicken and vegetables.
- Return the quiche to the oven for 35-40 minutes until golden. Turn the oven off, leaving the quiche inside with the door closed for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with a green salad.
Per serving: 303kcals, 12.1g fat (4.9g saturated), 29.4g carbs, 3.9g sugars, 20.5g protein, 5g fibre, 0.366g sodium
Replace the chicken with one cooked, flaked salmon fillet if preferred.