190g plain flour, gluten-free if necessary
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
¼ tsp salt
60ml fresh orange juice
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the buttermilk, orange juice and eggs together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir until just combined, then allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Melt a knob of butter in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add a small ladleful of batter to the pan. Sprinkle a few blueberries over the top. Cook for three minutes or until the edges begin to bubble and the bottom is browned.
- Flip the pancake over and cook for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown on both sides. Remove to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm while you cook the remaining pancakes.
Per serving: 84kcals, 2.6g fat (1.4g saturated), 13.2g carbs, 2.4g sugars, 2.3g protein, 0g fibre, 0.126g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS:
Substitute the blueberries for dark chocolate chips for a more decadent version.