Makes 2 loaves
Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- In a small jug, combine the yeast and water. Set aside for five minutes until foamy.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour with the salt, cinnamon and 100g of the sugar. Stir the egg into the yeast mixture, then pour this into the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Add the butter and mix until combined. The dough mixture will be very wet.
- Grease a large bowl and two baking trays with oil. Set the baking trays aside. Scrape the dough into the bowl and cover with cling film. Allow to rise in a warm place for about one hour until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6, then divide the dough in half between each of the baking trays, stretching to cover. Cover with cling film and allow to rise again for an hour.
- Scatter each with half of the berries and half of the chocolate chips. Sprinkle the remaining sugar over the tops of the loaves.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown, rotating once.
Top Tip: Slice and serve warm with a dollop of Mascarpone if desired.
Per Serving: 328kcals, 8g fat (4.8g saturated), 57.9g carbs, 19.9g sugars, 6.4g protein, 2.4g fibre, 0.195g sodium
Freezer-friendlySweet thingsChocolateMother’s DayBreakfast & BrunchFather’s DayTraybakesValentine’s DayLow-fatSpecial OccasionsBreadAfternoon teaBakingFruit dessertsDinner partyMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Chocolate
Gluten-free chocolate and honeycomb mousse by EUROSPAR