Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Melt the butter with half of the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Cook the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes until golden, then remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and cook the shallots over a low heat for five minutes. Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the rice and toast, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until opaque. Add the wine and cook, stirring, until it has been absorbed.
- Gradually add the hot stock to the pan, a ladleful at a time, and wait until each ladleful has been absorbed by the rice before adding another. Keep stirring and adding the stock for about 20 minutes until the rice is cooked to al dente.
- Remove the risotto from the heat. Add the cold butter cubes and blue cheese and beat in with a wooden spoon until completely melted into the rice. Season well with salt and black pepper.
- Fold through the mushrooms and parsley. Divide among plates and serve.
Note: Other soft blue cheese can be used as an alternative to Gorgonzola, if you wish.
Per serving: 585kcals, 23.9g fat (11.4g saturated), 72.3g carbs, 2.1g sugars, 12.8g protein, 3.6g fibre, 0.982g sodium
This serves four as a vegetarian main course, but will serve six as a side dish – we love it with steaks!
Popular in Italian
Tomato, spinach and Mozzarella gnocchi