Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the egg wash:
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. In a bowl, mix the sausage meat with the blue cheese. Season with black pepper.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll the pastry out into a square and cut in half down the middle.
- Spread half of the apple sauce down the length of each pastry rectangle. On top of each strip of apple sauce, place half of the sausage meat.
- Brush one edge of each strip with egg, then fold the pastry over the sausage meat and press the edges together. Seal by pressing with the back of a fork.
- Brush with beaten egg, then cut each strip into 7-8 sausage rolls. Use a knif to cut a small slit on the top of each one.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden and the sausage meat is cooked throughout.
Per Serving: 199kcals, 13.5g fat (1.9g saturated), 14.7g carbs, 0.8g sugars, 4.8g protein, 0g fibre, 0.143g sodium
Popular in Christmas
Mini veggie mushroom Wellingtons