6 good quality pork sausages, skins removed
75g blue cheese, such as Cashel Blue, crumbled
500g pack ready-made shortcrust pastry
120g apple sauce
1 large egg, beaten with 1 tsp water
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. In a bowl, mix the sausage meat with the blue cheese. Season with black pepper.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll the pastry out into a square and cut in half down the middle.
- Spread half of the apple sauce down the length of each pastry rectangle. On top of each strip of apple sauce, place half of the sausage meat.
- Brush one edge of each strip with egg, then fold the pastry over the sausage meat and press the edges together. Seal by pressing with the back of a fork.
- Brush with beaten egg, then cut each strip into 7-8 sausage rolls. Use a knif to cut a small slit on the top of each one.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden and the sausage meat is cooked throughout.
Per Serving 199kcals, 13.5g fat (1.9g saturated), 14.7g carbs, 0.8g sugars, 4.8g protein, 0g fibre, 0.143g sodium