2 x 400g tins of black beans, drained
200g butter, at room temperature, chopped
200g light muscovado sugar
90g cocoa powder
6 large eggs
2 tsp baking powder
100g dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas 4. Lightly grease a 20 x 30cm brownie tin and line with baking parchment.
- Place one and a half tins of the black beans in a food processor and whizz until smooth. (If you don’t have a food processor, you can mash them up well with a fork.)
- In a bolw, combine the butter, cocoa powder and eggs. Beat with an electric whisk until creamy, starting at a low speed and increasing the speed as you mix.
- Beat in the baking powder, the puréed black beans, the whole black beans, the chocolate chunks and a pinch of salt.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared baking tin using a spatula. Smooth out the top, then bake for 25 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Leave to cool in the tin, then cut into 12 brownies.
Per serving 301kcals, 20.1g fat (11.7g saturated), 29.3g carbs (20.7g sugars), 6.1g protein, 4g fibre, 0.147g sodium