380g gluten-free flour
400g caster sugar
2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
2 tsp gluten-free bicarbonate of soda
160ml vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp vinegar
250g dairy-free spread
3 tbsp cocoa powder
400g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp milk
Hundreds and Thousands
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and grease and line two 20cm round sandwich tins.
- Whisk the first four ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a jug, then gradually stir this into the dry ingredients.
- Divide the batter between the two prepared tins.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, beat together the dairy-free spread, cocoa powder and icing sugar for the icing until fluffy, then gradually beat in the vanilla and milk until combined.
- When cooked, remove the cakes from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for a few minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sandwich the two cakes together with some icing, then spread the rest of the icing all around the outside of the cake. Decorate with Hundreds and Thousands.
Per serving: 613 kcals, 17.4g fat (3.9 saturated), 115.8g carbs, 83.5g sugars, 2.8g protein, 4.7g fibre, 0.671g sodium