Makes 1 loaf
350g Ballyminane Mills Stoneground Wholemeal Flour, plus extra for dusting
125g plain flour
40g porridge oats
½ tsp salt
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Jam or mature Cheddar, sliced
Pot of tea
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with non-stick parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the wholemeal flour, plain flour, oats, salt and bicarbonate of soda and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre.
- Pour in the buttermilk and stir until the ingredients come together into a sticky dough. Use wet hands to form the dough into a ball.
- Place the ball of dough on the prepared baking tray and dust with some wholemeal flour. Cut a deep cross in the centre.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the bottom of the bread sounds hollow when tapped and the crust is golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool for 30 minutes before slicing. Serve with plenty of butter, your favourite topping and a pot of tea.
Per serving 219kcals, 1.9g fat (0.4g saturated), 40.7g carbs (2.9g sugars), 9.3g protein, 5.8g fibre, 0.363g sodium