Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the icing:
- To make beetroot purée, place the beetroot in a pan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and cook for 20-25 minutes until tender. Leave to cool, then place in a food processor with 1-2 tablespoons of the beet water. Purée until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Grease a 23cm cake tin and line with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the first five ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk in the oil, beetroot purée, water and vinegar.
- Pour the batter into the tin and bake for 35 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for about 25 minutes, then remove from the tin and leave to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for the icing in a food processor and purée until very smooth.
- Spread the cake with the icing and refrigerate to store.
Per serving: 286 kcals, 12.3g fat (6g saturated), 46.9g carbs, 27.6g sugars, 3g protein, 6.2g fibre, 0.264g sodium
Gluten-freeCakesDairy-freeVeganSweet thingsChocolateMother’s DayValentine’s DaySpecial OccasionsFree-from treatsAfternoon teaVeganBakingFruit dessertsDinner partyMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Gluten-free
Harissa chicken thighs