Beer lovers will adore this twist on the classic tiramisu, created by Dan Keane, Head Chef at Dublin’s Urban Brewing Stack A Restaurant.
1 sheet of gelatine
92g egg white
125g egg yolk
120ml O’Hara’s Red Ale
100g caster sugar
500g mascarpone cheese
300g ladyfinger biscuits
300ml O’Hara’s Red Ale
50g cocoa powder
- Soak the gelatine in water until it has softened (bloomed) .
- Whip the cream and set aside.
- Whip the egg whites until they form soft peaks and set aside.
- Whip the egg yolk until light and creamy.
- While the egg yolk is whipping, add the Red Ale to a small pot with the sugar and bring to a gentle simmer. Leave until all the sugar has melted.
- Once the sugar has melted, add the gelatine to the mix. Once the gelatine has dissolved fully, slowly pour the sugar and ale mixture into the whipped egg yolk and continue to whip until cool.
- When cool, slowly beat in the mascarpone. Once incorporated, transfer the mixture to a large bowl and gently fold in the whipped cream followed by the whipped egg white, trying to keep as much air in the mixture as possible.
- In the bottom of a tin, layer a line of ladyfinger biscuits soaking each one in the red ale for two seconds before putting it in place, continue to do this until the bottom of your tray is fully covered.
- On top of the soaked biscuits spread a layer of the mascarpone mixture to a depth of approximately 1.5cm. Spread out until smooth, then dust lightly with cocoa powder.
- Repeat the first step for the next layer of biscuits, followed by the remainder of the mascarpone mixture.
- Smooth out the top with a hot palette knife and dust with a generous layer of cocoa powder. Leave in a fridge to set for a minimum of five hours.
- Cut into even slices and serve. We recommend serving with fresh raspberries as it accentuates the flavour of the beer and helps cut through the cream!
Fancy a night of amazing beer and food? Easy Food is hosting an exclusive evening at Urban Brewing’s Stack A Restaurant, including a delicious three-course dinner expertly paired with craft beers. Click here for more details and to get your tickets before they’re gone!