Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 160 ̊C/140 ̊C fan/gas mark 3.
- Place the beef in a bowl, sprinkle over the flour and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat half of the oil in a large ovenproof casserole dish over a medium-high heat. Working in batches to avoid crowding the pan, cook the beef for 3-4 minutes until browned. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan over a medium heat and cook the bacon, onion and carrots for five minutes until golden, stirring.
- Add the wine, bring to the boil and cook for one minute, then add the tomatoes and return the beef to the pot.
- Bring to the boil, cover with a lid and transfer to the oven. Cook for 11⁄2 hours, then add the mushrooms. Return to the oven for 30 minutes longer until the beef and vegetables are tender.
- Serve with mashed potato and a sprinkle of chopped parsley.
Per serving: 496kcals, 19.8g fat (5.6g saturated), 20.5g carbs (4.6g sugars), 37.7g protein, 4.6g fibre, 0.514g sodium
Popular in Irish
Lemon sole with dillisk butter
1 months, 23 days ago
Himself LOVES this casserole so I make it fairly often.