Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C/140˚C fan/gas mark 3. Toss the beef cubes in a bowl with one tablespoon of the oil. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt and black pepper. Toss the meat in the flour mixture.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Brown the meat on all sides (in batches, if required).
- Stir in the onions, garlic and tomato purée mixture. Cook for 4-5 minutes, then remove from the pan and add to a Pyrex Classic 2.5L Casserole.
- Add the carrots, cinnamon, nutmeg and thyme to the frying pan. Cook for two minutes until the carrots are browned.
- Pour in some of the Guinness. Bring to the boil and use a wooden spoon to stir up all the bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Scrape all of the contents from the pan into the casserole dish.
- Pour the remaining Guinness into the casserole. Add the meat and any juices that have collected on the plate. Stir together and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the casserole with the lid and cook in the oven for 2-3 hours until the meat is tender. Remove the thyme, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve straight from the casserole with boiled or mashed potatoes.
Per Serving: 414kcals, 16.3g fat (4.4g saturated), 14.1g carbs (4.9g sugars), 47.1g protein, 2.6g fibre, 0.136xg sodium
Popular in Irish
Irish coffee affogato by EUROSPAR