2 tbsp olive oil
100g chorizo, cubed
1 onion, finely sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 carrots, finely chopped
Salt and black pepper
1 x 198g tin of sweetcorn, drained1 x 400g tin of kidney beans, drained
2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato purée
1 tsp smoked paprika
200ml vegetable stock, plus extra if needed
- Heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook until it releases its oil and becomes golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate using slotted spoon and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan and cook the onion, garlic and carrots for 4-6 minutes until softened. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Stir in the sweetcorn, beans, tomatoes, tomato purée, paprika and stock. Season and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until thickened and the flavour has intensified. Add a little more stock if it is too thick.
- Add the chorizo back to the soup and season to taste. Serve with crusty bread.
Per serving: 336kcals, 18.5g fat (5.3g saturated), 35.5g carbs (12.2g sugars), 12.9g protein, 7.5g fibre, 0.683g sodium