Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the BBQ chicken:
For the waffles:
- In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, worchester sauce and garlic. Reserve about 50g of the marinade and set aside.
- Add in the chicken breasts and toss to coat. Leave to marinade for a minimum of three hours.
- For the waffles, in bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and brown sugar.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the milk, cream and finally the melted butter. Beat the batter until smooth.
- Preheat the barbecue on a medium heat and allow the waffle iron to heat up for 5-8 minutes.
- Brush some melted butter all over the waffle iron. Ladle in the waffle mix and close the iron.
- Allow the waffle to cook for 6-8 minutes on both sides, until colden. Place the waffles on a rack when they’re done to keep them crispy.
- Once the chicken has marinated, place it on the BBQ. Cook for six minutes per side or until fully cooked. Baste the chicken with the reserved marinade.
- Serve the chicken with the waffles and a side of maple syrup and/or hot sauce.
Popular in Chicken
Instant ramen noodles