Fills 2 x 20cm round sandwich tins, 1 x 20cm deep round cake tin, or 1 x 23 deep square tin.
100g Kerrygold Unsalted Butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
190g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Grease and line your cake tin(s).
- Cream the sugar and butter together until pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until combined. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour and baking powder. Beat into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the milk until smooth.
- Transfer to the prepared tin(s) and bake for 30-40 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
This cake is a perfect match for this basic buttercream icing.
Per serving: 303kcals, 12g fat (7.1g saturated), 45.2g carbs (26.5g sugars), 4.8g protein, 0.7g fibre, 0.101g sodium.