Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the topping:
- Add a layer of the cake to the bottom of a large, clear trifle dish. Scatter over some of the rum (or whiskey), then add a layer of bananas.
- Beat the custard, cream cheese and half of the salted caramel sauce together in a bowl until thickened. Spread a layer over the bananas.
- Add a drizzle of the salted caramel sauce and some grated chocolate.
- Repeat these layers until you reach the top of the dish, then cover with whipped cream.
- Cover loosely with cling film and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Finish with some crushed Digestive biscuits and extra grated chocolate just before serving.
Whiskey can be used as an alternative to Rum, if you wish.
(For standard banoffee) Avonmore Fresh Cream can be used as an alternative to Avonmore Luxury Fresh Custard, if you wish.
Alternative to Carnation Caramel, you can use condensed milk and boil for 2.5-3 hours, ensuring it is simmering in water the whole time, if you wish.
Per Serving: 527kcals, 21.7g fat (11.2g saturated), 74g carbs, 38g sugars, 9.3g protein, 3.4g fibre, 0.378g sodium
Popular in Christmas
Mini veggie mushroom Wellingtons