For the pavlova:
9 egg whites
450g caster sugar
3 tsp white vinegar
1½ tbsp cornflour
For the filling:
300ml salted caramel sauce
800ml cream, whipped
6 bananas, sliced
8 digestive biscuits, crushed
50g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 120°C/100˚C fan/gas mark ½. Line three baking trays with parchment paper.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk the egg whites in a clean, dry bow for a few minutes l until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition, until the meringue is thick and glossy and the sugar has dissolved. Rub a little meringue between your fingers, if it’s still gritty, continue to whisk until sugar dissolves. Add the vinegar and cornflour and fold until just combined.
- Spoon the meringues evenly onto the lined trays and use a spatula to shape into a 20cm disc. Bake in oven for 1½ hours or until dry to the touch. Turn off the oven and leave the pavlova inside, with the door ajar, to cool completely.
- Fold half of the caramel sauce through the whipped cream.
- Place one layer of the meringue on a serving plate. Dollop with whipped cream, top with sliced bananas and sprinkle with some crushed digestives. Top with the next meringue layer and repeat this same step.
- Top with the last meringue disk, the remaining cream and sliced banana. Finish with crushed digestives, grated chocolate and a drizzle of the remaining caramel sauce. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: 408kcals, 7.8g fat (3.1g saturated), 83.5g carbs (63.3g sugars), 5.8g protein, 2.6g fibre, 0.87g sodium