Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 110˚C/90˚C fan/gas mark ¼.
- Heat a pan over a medium heat and brown the sausages on all sides. Transfer the sausages to a baking dish and move to the preheated oven to keep warm, reserving the fat in the pan.
- Melt half of the butter in the same pan used for the sausages over a medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook for 7-8 minutes until translucent and just beginning to brown. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Pour in the beef stock and red wine. Bring to a gentle boil and allow to bubble and reduce for about 10 minutes, using a wooden spoon to scrape any sticky bits from the bottom of the pan. Taste and add extra seasoning if necessary.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a saucepan over a medium heat and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10-12 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potatoes and return the pan to the heat to steam dry for a minute. Mix in the remaining butter along with the milk, mustard and some seasoning. Mash together until smooth, then set aside.
- Serve the sausages with the mustard mash, onion gravy and some cabbage.
461kcals, 19.4g fat (9.3g saturated), 46g carbs, 6.9g sugars, 13.7g protein, 7.5g fibre, 1.156g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS
If you prefer a thicker gravy, mix two teaspoons of cornflour with a splash of water to form a smooth paste. Stir this into the gravy in Step 6.