For the scones:
2 large bananas, mashed
60g natural yoghurt
100g light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
310g plain flour
2½ tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
125g pecan nuts, chopped
For the maple butter glaze:
35g unsalted butter
85ml maple syrup
115g icing sugar, sieved
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/180 ̊C fan/gas mark 6. Line a large baking tray with non- stick parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas, yoghurt, brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, sieve together the plain flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the wet ingredients and pecans to the flour mixture and stir until it forms a soft dough.
- Tip the dough out onto a floured surface. Give the dough a light knead and shape into a round ball.
- Place the ball onto the prepared tray and roll out into a 20-25cm circle.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. To check if it is baked, turn it upside down and tap on the bottom. If it sounds hollow, then it is baked. Allow to cool.
- For the icing, stir the butter and maple syrup together in a pot over a low heat until the butter has melted. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the icing sugar until it forms a smooth icing.
- Spoon the icing all over the scone, then use sharp a knife to cut into eight triangles.
Per Serving 438kcals, 12.6g fat (1.6g saturated), 77.2g carbs (40.1g sugars), 7g protein, 3.9g fibre, 0.018g sodium