Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the pastry:
For the filling:
For the frangipane:
- Follow steps 1-3 on p.79 to make the pastry. Use it to line 18 cups of a tartlet tin.
- Fill each pastry case with one tablespoon of mincemeat.
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5.
- To make the frangipane, beat together the butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the ground almonds, flour and almond extract and mix until combined.
- Divide the frangipane amongst the lined cases and bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool.
- To finish, brush the top of each pie with some warmed apricot jam and sprinkle with flaked almonds.
Per serving: 268kcals, 15g fat (7.6g saturated), 30g carbs (13g sugars), 3.9g protein, 1.2g fibre, 0.134g sodium
Popular in Christmas
Rum & pistachio chocolate fudge