Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the sauce:
For the chicken:
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- In a bowl, whisk all of the ingredients for the sauce together until combined. Set aside.
- Place the cornflour in one bowl and beat the egg in a second. Toss the chicken in the cornflour until thoroughly coated, shaking off any excess, then coat the chicken in the beaten egg.
- Heat a large pan over a high heat and add the oil. Working in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan, cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes until browned on all sides. Transfer each batch to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Return all of the chicken to the pan and add all of the sauce. Stir to coat the chicken thoroughly. Transfer everything to a baking dish and bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the onion and peppers until coated with the sauce. Bake for another 10-12 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked. Serve immediately with fried rice.
Note: Orange marmalade can be used as an alternative to Apricot jam, if you wish.
Per serving: 497kcals, 20.3g fat (5.1g saturated), 26.7g carbs, 12.5g sugars, 50.6g protein, 1.5g fibre, 1.234g sodium
Popular in Chicken
Peanut chicken salad