Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the roasted strawberries:
- Preheat the oven to 150˚C/130˚C fan/gas mark 3. Whisk the eggs, honey, cornflour and vanilla bean paste in a large heatproof bowl.
- Bring the milk and orange zest to a simmer in a small saucepan over a medium heat, then gradually whisk it into the egg mixture in a slow, steady stream until combined.
- Grease six 160ml ramekins and place in a large roasting pan. Divide the egg mixture evenly among the ramekins and pour enough boiling water into the pan to come three quarters up the side of ramekins.
- Bake the custards for one hour or until set at the edges and just slightly wobbly in the centre. Leave to stand for 10 minutes in the pan. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Increase the heat to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Whisk the orange zest, orange juice and liqueur (or more juice) in a small bowl.
- Place the strawberries in a baking dish and toss with the orange mixture. Roast for 10 minutes until tender.
- Serve the custards with the roasted strawberries.
Per serving:150kcals, 3.8g fat (1.7g saturated), 24g carbs, 21.3g sugars, 5.9g protein, 1.6g fibre, 0.07g sodium
Popular in Low sugar
Salmon en croute