8 sticks of string cheese
60g plain flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
Your favourite dipping sauce, like tomato relish
or basil pesto
- Place the string cheese in the freezer for 30 minutes until hard.
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7. Line a baking tray with tin foil and spray generously with cooking spray.
- Cut the string cheeses in half.
- Pour the flour into a shallow bowl and gently stir in the salt and pepper.
- Crack the egg into another shallow bowl and beat with a fork.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- One piece at a time, turn the cheese to coat in the flour, then dip it into the egg, then dip it in the breadcrumbs and press them on gently with your fingertips. Place the coated cheese pieces on the baking tray.
- When all of the pieces of cheese have been coated, spray them with cooking spray.
- Ask an adult to put the tray in the oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden, asking an adult to flip them over halfway through.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce.
Per Serving: (4 pieces) 243kcals, 10.5g fat (5.5g saturated), 23.9g carbs (1.1g sugars), 16.3g protein, 1.2g fibre, 0.713g sodium