1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
½ an onion, chopped
60g ‘nduja, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Salt and black pepper
1 tbsp tomato purée
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
Pinch of sugar
1 x 200g block of feta
½ tsp dried oregano
Juice of ½ a lemon
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Add the ‘nduja and cook for 3-4 minutes until it has dissolved. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes longer. Season with salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Add the tomato purée and cook for one minute, then stir in the chopped tomatoes and sugar. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook gently for 10-15 minutes until thickened.
- Transfer the sauce to a small baking dish and nestle the block of feta into the middle. Drizzle with some extra olive oil and sprinkle over the oregano.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the sauce is thick and bubbling and the feta is soft. Squeeze over the lemon juice and top with a handful of rocket. Serve with plenty of fresh bread for dipping.
Per serving 438kcals, 31.8g fat (17.1g saturated), 17.6g carbs (11.8g sugars), 22.7g protein, 3.7g fibre, 1.38g sodium