Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Place the grated potato into a clean tea towel. Holding it over the sink, squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Heat the oil in an oven-proof pan over a medium heat. Add the grated potato and spread it out evenly, flattening it down with a spatula. Season with the smoked paprika and some salt and pepper.
- Allow the potato to cook for 4-5 minutes until crispy and golden brown on the bottom. Carefully flip the potato over, top with the grated cheese and spring onion and cook for 2-3 minutes longer.
- Crack one or two eggs over the top of the potatoes. Transfer the pan into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until the egg whites have set but the yolks are still soft. Season with extra salt and pepper, then serve.
Per serving: 460kcals, 25.3g fat (8.9g saturated), 35.9g carbs, 3.7g sugars, 24g protein, 5.7g fibre, 0.317g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS
There’s no need to buy Gruyère especially for this dish; any good melting cheese will work just as well.