Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a pan over a medium-high heat and cook the bacon lardons until golden and crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the lardons to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the mash, vegetables, cheeses and parsley. Stir to combine, add the lardons and season to taste.
- Divide the mixture into six equal portions and mould into flat patties.
- Place the flour in one shallow bowl, beat the egg in a second and pour the panko breadcrumbs into a third.
- Dip each potato cake into the flour, then coat in the egg and finally in the breadcrumbs, gently pressing then on with your fingers to coat. Place the coated potato cakes on a plate.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Add the remaining oil to the same pan you cooked the lardons in and heat over a medium-high heat.
- Working in batches to avoid crowding the pan, fry the potato cakes for 3-4 minutes per side until golden. Transfer to a baking tray.
- Bake the potato cakes for 10-12 minutes until hot throughout. Serve with some relish and a simple salad.
Per Serving 413kcals, 22.4g fat (6.8g saturated), 28g carbs (2.2g sugars), 11.9g protein, 2.2g fibre, 0.681g sodium
Popular in Irish
Lemon sole with dillisk butter