Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for two minutes. Add the cabbage and cook for 6-8 minutes or until soft.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add the bacon, parsley and mashed potato. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Scoop out a portion measuring around two tablespoons and use damp hands to roll into a croquette around 7cm long. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- When all of the croquettes are formed, place in the fridge for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Whisk the egg and milk together in a shallow bowl. Place the flour in a second shallow bowl and the breadcrumbs in a third.
- One at a time, roll each croquette in flour, shaking off any excess. Dip to coat in the egg mixture, then dredge in the breadcrumbs, pressing them on lightly to coat. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Add enough oil to a large frying pan to come 2cm up the side. Heat over a medium-high heat. Working in batches to avoid crowding the pan, cook the croquettes for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown on all sides. Drain on a plate lined with kitchen paper. Season with salt and black pepper and serve with some lemon wedges for squeezing over.
Per croquette(per serving): 135kcals, 6.2g fat (1.8g saturated), 15.5g carbs (1.8g sugars), 4.6g protein, 1.5g fibre, 0.19g sodium
Here’s a quick guide to learn how to cook boiled bacon boil easily.