Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the dressing:
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Place the lentils in a small saucepan with the stock and bring to a rapid simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer gently, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Set aside.
- Place the leeks and beetroots on a baking tray. Drizzle with the olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Toss to coat, then bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer the leeks to a plate and roast the beetroot for an additional 10-15 minutes, then add to the leeks and set aside.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Taste season as necessary.
- If using baby kale, place the leaves in a large bowl with a splash of olive oil and some lemon juice and massage with hands for 2-3 minutes to soften the leaves. For all other leafy greens, skip this step.
- Place the seeds in a dry pan over a medium-high heat and toast for 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Place the kale, beets, leeks and lentils in a large bowl. Add the dressing and seeds and toss to coat.
Watercress, Rocket or Baby spinach can be used as an alternative to baby kale, if you wish.
Sesame or Pumpkin seeds can be used as an alternative to sunflower, if you wish.
Per serving: 499kcals, 32.6g fat (4.7g saturated), 45g carbs, 16.2g sugars, 13g protein, 12.6g fibre, 0.319g sodium
Popular in Salads
Three bean pesto salad with rocket