Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and cook the onion and bacon for about minutes until the onion is soft and the bacon is crisp.
- Meanwhile, rinse the mussels in cold running water and pull off the beards (the fuzzy strings between the shells).
- Add the potatoes and stock to the saucepan and bring to a gentle boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the seafood and spices and cook, covered, for five minutes.
- Remove any mussels that have not opened from the saucepan and discard.
- Stir in the cream, herbs and seasoning. Serve with a brown bread and green salad.
Per Serving: 322kcals, 16g fat (5.2g saturated), 10g carbs (2.3g sugars), 33.9g protein, 1.5g fibre, 1.36g sodium
IrishDinnerFish & seafood30-minute mealsSpecial OccasionsSt. Patrick’s DayFamily mealsCuisinesComfort food
Popular in Irish
Lemon sole with dillisk butter