Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Place the salmon pieces in a bowl with half of the soy sauce and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate.
- Place the flour in a bowl. Gradually whisk in the beer and stir in the chopped coriander. Set aside to stand for 10 minutes.
- Fill a large saucepan with vegetable oil to a depth of 6cm and heat to 190°C. Pat the salmon dry with kitchen paper.
- Working in batches, coat the salmon in the batter, allowing any excess to drip away. Deep-fry the battered salmon for 1-2 minutes until crisp and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a plate lined with kitchen paper. Keep warm while you cook the remaining salmon.
- Cook the oven chips according to the packet instructions. Toss together with the sesame seeds, chillies and some salt.
- In a small bowl, stir together the rice wine vinegar with the remaining soy sauce. Serve the fish and chips with dipping sauce and extra coriander.
Per serving: 825kcals, 45.7g fat (8g saturated), 62.3g carbs (0.4g sugars), 43g protein, 4g fibre, 1.086g sodium
Popular in Fish & seafood
Pistachio crumbed salmon