For the meatballs:
450g turkey mince (you can also use chicken, pork or beef)
140g cooked quinoa
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 spring onions, finely chopped 1 large egg
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sriracha hot sauce
Salt and black pepper, to taste
For the sauce:
60ml soy sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 x 3cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp sriracha hot sauce
2 tsp cornflour, combined with 1 tbsp water
Spring onions, chopped Rice or noodles
- 1 Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/180 ̊C fangas mark 6. Lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, quinoa, garlic, spring onions, egg, soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha and some salt and pepper. Using clean hands, mix until just combined.
- Roll the mixture into 3cm meatballs and place into the prepared baking dish. Bake the meatballs for 20 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- For the sauce, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, honey, sesame oil, sriracha and water in a small saucepan. Place over a medium-high heat and add the cornflour slurry. Stir for 2-3 minutes until thickened and heated through.
- Add the meatballs to the simmering sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Scatter with sesame seeds and spring onions, and serve with rice or noodles.
Per Serving 367kcals, 18g fat (3g saturated), 18.2g carbs (5.1g sugars), 36g protein, 2.1g fibre, 1.317g sodium