1 tbsp olive oil
1 fresh ginger, peeled and grated (2cm piece)
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
8 spring onions, chopped
300 small cooked prawns, peeled
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
Salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Heat the olive oil in an oven-proof frying pan over a medium heat. Add the ginger, chilli and spring onion and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, soy sauce, chilli flakes, coriander and some salt and black pepper.
- Add the prawns to the pan and heat through for 30 seconds.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Cook over a medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes, using a rubber spatula to lift the cooked edges and allow the uncooked eggs to flow underneath, until the outsides of the frittata are just set but the centre is still wobbly.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 6-8 minutes or until the frittata is set.
- Remove from the heat and allow to rest for 4-5 minutes, then transfer to a chopping board and cut into wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Per serving: 319kcals, 15.5g fat (4g saturated), 9.3g carbs, 1.9g sugars, 35.4g protein, 1.8g fibre, 0.727g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS:
If you don’t have fresh coriander, use one teaspoon of dried coriander instead. If you like, you can replace the prawns with 300g leftover shredded cooked chicken.
Here are some cooking tips…