600g chicken, cut into chunks
60g plain flour
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
150ml chicken stock
220g lemon curd
Zest of 1 lemon
2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Toss the chicken in the flour until lightly coated and shake off any excess.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok over a high heat. Add the chicken and cook for five minutes, stirring frequently, until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic and ginger. Cook for 30 seconds until fragrant, then add the vinegar and soy sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes until nearly evaporated.
- Add the chicken stock, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the lemon curd until combined, then return the chicken to the pan. Cook for another 3-4 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the chicken has cooked through.
Per serving:574kcals, 33.7g fat (13.7g saturated), 28.3g carbs, 15.1g sugars, 49.4g protein, 0.8g fibre, 0.627g sodium