3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp sesame oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 x 2cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
2 tsp cornflour, mixed with 2 tsp water
8 lamb loin chops
Salt and black pepper
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 small head of cabbage, shredded
1 bunch of spring onions, chopped
Sesame seeds, for garnish
Fresh coriander, chopped
Noodles, rice or mashed potato
- In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and water. Bring to a boil over a high heat, then reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cornflour slurry and simmer for one minute. Transfer 3-4 tablespoons of the glaze to a small bowl to use for brushing, keeping the rest warm over a very low heat until ready to serve.
- Season the lamb chops with salt and black pepper. Turn the grill on to a high heat. Cook the lamb chops for 3-4 minute per side or until cooked to your liking, brushing with the glaze a few times during cooking.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok or pan over a medium-high heat and stir-fry the cabbage and spring onions for 4-5 minutes, tossing.
- Serve the lamb chops with the stir-fried vegetables and some rice, noodles or mashed potato. Drizzle over the reserved sauce and scatter with some chopped fresh coriander and sesame seeds.
Per Serving: 766kcals, 56.8g fat (21.3g saturated), 24.7g carbs (11.2g sugars), 37.9g protein, 6.2g fibre, 0.87g sodium