Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Add the ham to a large stock pot and cover with cold water. Simmer over a medium heat for 45 minutes per kilogram (1½-2¼ hours) until cooked through, skimming the white froth from the top of the pot as needed.
- Preheat the oven to 150˚C/130˚C fan/gas mark 2. Place the cooked ham in a roasting pan. Use a sharp knife to trim off excess fat, leaving one even layer across the ham. Score the fat in a diamond pattern, making sure not to cut into the meat.
- Whisk together the sugar, jam, mustard and pepper.
- Brush the ham with half of the glaze. Cover with foil and bake for one hour.
- Remove the foil and bake the ham for another 30 minutes until the glaze is caramelised and sticky.
- Leave to rest for 20 minutes, then brush with the remaining glaze before carving.
Per serving: 450kcals, 18.3g fat (6g saturated), 36.5g carbs, 26.2g sugars, 34g protein, 2.6g fibre, 2.85g sodium
Popular in Christmas
Rum & pistachio chocolate fudge