2 medium Granny Smith apples, cored and thinly sliced
Juice of ½ a lemon
375g frozen puff pastry, thawed
30g butter, melted
3 tbsp maple syrup, plus extra to serve
4 tbsp pecans, coarsely chopped
1 tbsp golden caster sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix the apple slices with the lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Dust a work surface with a bit of flour and lightly roll out the puff pastry. Slice into six rectangles, then mark a border 1cm in from the edges of each rectangle, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Arrange apple slices in two rows down the middle of each rectangle, letting them overlap slightly.
- Mix together the melted butter and syrup and brush over the apples. Sprinkle over the pecans.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the tartlets.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden, and the apples are soft and caramelised.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a bit of extra maple syrup.
Per Serving: 464kcals, 31.6g fat (9g saturated), 41.9g carbs, 11g sugars, 5.3g protein, 3.2g fibre, 0.19g sodium