Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the burgers:
For the glaze:
- Turn the grill on to a high heat.
- In a bowl, combine the pork mince, leek, green apple, Worcestershire sauce, sage, garlic and some salt and pepper.
- Using your hands, gently mix the ingredients until just combined. Form into four patties and brush them with olive oil.
- Cook the burgers on the grill for about 7-8 minutes per side until cooked throughout.
- Combine all of the glaze ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over a medium-high heat. Simmer until the mixture is reduced by half and has a syrupy consistency. Set aside.
- When the burgers are cooked, brush them with the apple glaze and set aside to rest for 3-4 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly toast the buns under the grill. Cover the top buns with sliced Gruyère and place under the grill again to melt the cheese.
- Assemble the burgers and top each patty with one or two slices of apple. Drizzle with some extra glaze and add the cheesy top buns.
Per serving: 647kcals, 14.3g fat (4g saturated), 125.4g carbs, 25.7g sugars, 9.5g protein, 3.3g fibre, 0.358g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS:
These burgers are gluten-free, so for a coeliac-friendly meal simply serve them with rice, quinoa, salad or gluten-free buns.