Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Grate the apples into a bowl and toss with the lemon juice and salt. Set aside for five minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, thyme, baking powder and pepper. Stir in the Cheddar.
- Place the apples in a clean tea towel and squeeze out the excess juice. Add the apples to the bowl with the flour mixture and toss to coat completely. Add the beaten egg and stir until completely combined.
- Pour vegetable oil into a wide pan to a depth of 2cm and heat over a medium-high heat. Once hot, drop in a heaped tablespoon of the apple mixture and flatten slightly with the back of a spoon. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown, then transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper. Keep warm in a very low oven while you cook the remaining fritters.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
Per serving 285kcals, 17.9g fat (6.4g saturated), 27.5g carbs (17.5g sugars), 6.5g protein, 4.3g fibre, 0.432g sodium
Popular in Dairy-free
Gambas al ajillo