Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the icing:
- Place the four clementines in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for two hours.
- Drain the water, reserving the clementines. When cooled, cut each clementine in half and discard the pips. Place the clementines (including skin, pith and flesh) into a food processor. Purée until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. Grease a 20cm springform cake tin and line with parchment paper.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together in a mixing bowl for two minutes until light and fluffy. Beat in the citrus purée.
- Beat in the almonds and baking powder until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the tin and bake for one hour until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave the cake to cool completely. The cake may dip slightly in the centre when cooled.
- Beat the icing sugar and butter for the icing until fluffy, then beat in the juice until it forms a thick glaze.
- Pour over the cake and decorate with the sliced clementine.
Per Serving 471kcals, 21.8g fat (5.9g saturated), 65.6g carbs, 59.4g sugars, 9g protein, 3.8g fibre, 0.085g sodium
TOP TIP: You may need to cover the cake with a circle of parchment paper halfway through baking to prevent the top from browning too much.