6 slices of gluten-free bread
6 rashers (use gluten-free turkey rashers if preferred)
6 medium eggs
Salt and black pepper
Chives, snipped, to serve
- Preheat oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5 and spray a six-hole muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten each slice of bread, then use a biscuit cutter to cut out six rounds of bread.
- Press one round into each muffin cup. Don’t worry if the bread cracks of crumbles a little.
- Grill the rashers for 4-5 minutes on each side until just beginning to crisp up. Put one rasher in the centre of each bread cup, then crack an egg over each rasher. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the egg whites have just set but the yolks are still runny. Use a small knife to loosen the toast cups from the tin.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve immediately.
208kcals, 12g fat (3g saturated), 17.7g carbs, 3.7g sugars, 10g protein, 2g fibre, 0.42g sodium
For a veggie version, replace the bacon with 3 chopped Portobello mushrooms divided between the muffin cups.