1 tsp olive oil
1 standard loaf day-old white bread (6 cups cubed)
120g Emmental, grated
250g fresh spinach, cooked and excess moisture squeezed out
2 tomatoes, diced
8 large eggs
Salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Squeeze the sausages out of their skins, crumble the meat and cook in the pan for 5-6 minutes until thoroughly cooked. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Lightly butter a 20 x 30cm baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked sausage meat, cubed bread, Emmental, spinach and tomatoes. Toss together until evenly distributed. Spread this mixture into the baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs in another bowl until lightly blended. Add the cream and milk, season with salt and pepper and whisk until smooth. Pour this all over the bread mixture.
- Cover the baking dish with tin foil. Store in the fridge overnight or for up to 18 hours.
- When you wake up in the morning, preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Bake for 45 minutes until the egg has set and the top is golden brown.
Per Serving 26kcals, 0.5g fat (0g saturated), 4.5g carbs, 0g sugars, 1.1g protein, 0g fibre, 0.048g sodium