Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the peppermint cream
For the pancakes
- To make the peppermint cream, whip all the ingredients together until stiff.
- For the pancakes, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Add the sugar, mix and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, and butter.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over a medium- high heat, then add a knob of butter. When the butter begins to foam, add a small ladleful of the batter to the pan. Add as many ladlefuls as can fit in the pan without them touching. Sprinkle the pancakes with dark chocolate chips before the batter cooks too much.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles form in the centre of the pancakes and the edges brown. Flip and cook for another minute until the pancakes take on colour on both sides. Transfer to a plate and keep warm while you repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Stack the pancakes on a serving plate and top with peppermint cream. Decorate with chocolate shavings and After Eights.
Per serving: 850kcals, 40.9g fat (24.3g saturated), 108.1g carbs, 53g sugars, 17.4g protein, 7.1g fibre, 0.509g sodium
Popular in Christmas
Rum & pistachio chocolate fudge