Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the potatoes:
For the lamb:
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Grease a small baking dish with olive oil.
- Spread a layer of the sliced potatoes into the bottom of the dish, overlapping slightly.
- Scatter over some of the sliced onions, some of the herbs and some salt and pepper.
- Continue layering in this order to the top of the dish, finishing with potatoes. Pour over the stock and bake for 50-60 minutes until the potatoes are cooked throughout and the top is golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a food processor, combine the breadcrumbs, herbs, lemon zest, olive oil and Parmesan.
- Whizz until well combined.
- Heat some oil in an ovenproof frying pan over a medium-high heat. Pat the rack of lamb dry with kitchen paper, then season on all sides with salt and black pepper. Brown the lamb well on all sides.
- Turn the racks so that they are fat-side up and brush with the Dijon mustard.
- Use clean hands to press the herb crust over the lamb, pressing it on with your fingers. Drizzle the lamb with a little more olive oil.
- Roast for 25 minutes until the crust is golden and the lamb is cooked. Transfer the rack to a plate and tent loosely with tin foil. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the lamb into individual chops, being careful to keep the herb crust intact. Arrange three lamb chops on each plate. Serve with the Boulangère potatoes and some wilted spinach.
Note: rosemary leaves can be used as an alternative to fresh thyme, if you wish.
Per serving 695kcals, 24.9g fat (8.1g saturated), 57.5g carbs, 5.8g sugars, 60.6g protein, 9.4g fibre, 1.212g salt
MAKE IT YOURS
This recipe is for lamb that is pink in the middle but cooked all the way through. If you prefer your lamb more rare, remove from the oven five minutes sooner; for more well-done lamb, leave it five minutes longer.
“Frenched” means to trim the bone ends of a rack of lamb so that they look neater. Your butcher will be happy to do this if you ask.
DinnerEasterValentine’s DaySpecial OccasionsHigh-proteinFrenchCuisinesSunday roastDinner partyMake it Healthy
Popular in Easter
Mini Easter Cheesecakes by Dr.Oetker