2 garlic bulbs, sliced horizontally
1 tbsp olive oil
2 leeks, washed, trimmed and sliced
1 celery stalk, chopped
1½ tbsp fresh thyme leaves
Salt and black pepper
1½l vegetable stock
700g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Place the garlic bulbs on a sheet of tin foil and place on a baking tray. Drizzle with half of the olive oil and close up the foil to form a parcel. Roast for 12-15 minutes or until soft. Allow to stand for 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle, then squeeze the cloves from their skins.
- Heat the remaining oil in a saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the leeks, celery and one tablespoon of the thyme leaves. Season with salt and black pepper and cook, stirring, for 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Add the stock and potatoes. Cover and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to medium. Stir in the roasted garlic and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and use a stick blender to whizz until smooth. Stir in the remaining thyme leaves. Return to medium heat and heat through for 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Per serving: 207kcals, 7.3g fat (3.8g saturated), 40g carbohydrates, 7g sugars, 4g protein, 6.5g fibre, 1.166g sodium