2 tbsp coconut oil
½ an onion, chopped
½ a green pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 x 400g tin of diced tomatoes, drained
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chilli powder
3 x 8″ whole-wheat tortillas
150g Cheddar, grated
½ a 400g tin of kidney, pinto or black beans, rinsed and drained
150g cooked chicken, shredded
Large handful of coriander leaves, chopped
Like Mexican food?
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Heat half of the coconut oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat and cook the onion, pepper and chilli for 3-4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the drained tomatoes with the cumin and chilli powder.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining oil. Place one of the tortillas into the pan. Top with a third of the cheese and half each of the pepper mixture, beans, tomato mixture and chicken. Add a sprinkling of coriander.
- Top with another tortilla and repeat the same toppings. Top with the final tortilla and pile it high with the rest of the cheese and anything else remaining.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Slice into quarters and serve topped with fresh coriander and some sour cream.
468kcals, 12.4g fat (8g saturated), 55.3g carbs, 4.8g sugar, 35.9g protein, 12.2g fibre, 0.365g sodium