- 100g Puy lentils
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 x 400g tin of tomatoes
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 4 streaky bacon rashers, grilled until crispy
- 4 soft-poached eggs
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Cook the lentils in a pot of boiling water according to the package instructions, then drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 5-6 minutes until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and chilli flakes and cook for one minute.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar and smoked paprika and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Add the lentils to the tomato sauce and stir to combine, then remove from the heat.
- Divide the smoky lentils between serving plates. Sprinkle the lentils with chopped coriander and add a rasher, an egg and some avocado slices to each plate.
Per serving: 434kcals, 27.8g fat (7g saturated), 28.1g carbs, 5.4g sugars, 21g protein, 13.1g fibre, 0.476g sodium
This dish is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner!