For the wraps:
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 1 egg
- 300ml milk (or dairy-free alternative)
- 3 tbsp water
- Olive or coconut oil, for cooking
For the rainbow filling:
- A few spoonfuls of cream cheese or hummus
- ½ a cooked beetroot
- ¼ a red pepper
- 1 small carrot
- ¼ a yellow pepper
- A 5cm piece of cucumber
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the wraps (except for the oil) until the mixture is very smooth. Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Ladle some of the batter into the bottom of the pan, swirling so that it coats the bottom in a thin, even layer. Cook for two minutes, then flip the wrap and cook on the other side for another two minutes until golden.
- Leave the wraps to cool on a wire rack, or keep them warm in a low oven if you prefer.
- Spread some cream cheese or hummus onto each wrap.
- Slice all of the vegetables into strips and place in the wraps, arranged by colour.
- Fold up the top and bottom of the wrap, then roll tightly, spreading a little extra cheese on the last bit of wrap to help ‘glue’ it in place if needed.
- Slice the wrap in half at an angle so that you can see the colours. Serve immediately or pack into an airtight container.
Per Serving 245 kcals, 6.3g fat (2.2g saturated), 39g carbs, 9.8g sugars, 11.8g protein, 5.8g fibre, 0.153g sodium