For the wraps:
100g buckwheat flour
300ml milk (or dairy-free alternative)
3 tbsp water
Olive or coconut oil, for cooking
For the rainbow filling:
2 tbsp cream cheese or hummus
½ a cooked beetroot
¼ a red pepper
1 small carrot
¼ a yellow pepper
1 x 5cm piece of cucumber
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the wraps (except for the oil) until the mixture is very smooth. Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Ladle some of the batter into the bottom of the pan, swirling so that it coats the bottom in a thin, even layer. Cook for two minutes, then flip the wrap and cook on the other side for another two minutes until golden.
- Leave the wraps to cool on a wire rack, or keep them warm in a low oven if you prefer.
- Spread some cream cheese or hummus onto each wrap.
- Slice all of the vegetables into strips and place in the wraps, arranged by colour.
- Fold up the top and bottom of the wrap, then roll tightly, spreading a little extra cheese on the last bit of wrap to help ‘glue’ it in place if needed.
- Slice the wrap in half at an angle so that you can see the colours. Serve immediately or pack into an airtight container.
Per Serving: 245kcals, 6.3g fat (2.2g saturated), 39g carbs, 9.8g sugars, 11.8g protein, 5.8g fibre, 0.153g sodium