- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 240ml water
- 120ml balsamic vinegar
- 80ml soy sauce
- 2½ tbsp sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp Sriracha or 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
To garnish: Spring onions, finely sliced
- Pak choi
- In a bowl, stir together the water, balsamic, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and Sriracha or chilli flakes.
- Transfer the sauce mixture to a pan around 26cm in diameter, add the chicken and place over a high heat. Bring everything to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium so it simmers energetically but not rapidly.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, turning the chicken every 7-8 minutes, until the sauce becomes a sticky, jam-like glaze.
- Remove from the stove and turn to coat the chicken thickly with the glaze.
- Scatter with spring onions and/or sesame seeds if desired. Serve with rice and pak choi.
Per serving: 212kcals, 5.3g fat (1.4g saturated), 11.7g carbs, 8g sugars, 26.8g protein, 0g fibre, 1.341g sodium